Surgical Teaching and Training Coordinator
Join us at Global Surgery Amsterdam (GSA) as a Surgical Teaching and Training Coordinator and become part of a young, ambitious organization driven by volunteers who are dedicated to improving professionalization and financial sustainability. Our mission is to address the global inequalities in access to surgical care by training 2.2 million surgeons, developing educational tools, and creating training materials for the areas that need it most.
As a Surgical Teaching and Training Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating and planning training programs in both the Netherlands and abroad, managing a small team of student interns and trainees, and organizing and facilitating weekly meetings with the education and training team. You will also be responsible for the administrative tasks within the operations of the education and training domain, planning and coordinating global surgery education opportunities at Dutch universities, and collaborating with partner organizations in creating the GSA education platform strategies and programs. In addition, you will coordinate projects on the GSA education and training platform, create content, and manage the GSA website.
- Excellent administrative, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Experience working in an NGO setting is preferred
- University degree or HBO level is required
- Experience in website management is desired
- Self-motivated and interested in the field of Global Health and Global Surgery
- Contractual (ZZP) payment
- Monthly billing
- 14 hours per week
- Flexible workspace—VU University Medical Center (VUmc), Amsterdam University Medical center (AUmc), Amsterdam Skill Center (ASC), and from home.
This is a part-time and freelance position, and we welcome applicants who are interested in flexible arrangements that can accommodate their needs. If you’re interested in making a difference in global surgical care access, please send your resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.